The Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement in the College of Education and Human Ecology (EHE DICE) is directed by Dr. Valerie Kinloch. The office develops, promotes and supports dynamic programming to encourage critical thinking and action about diversity, equity and inclusion. Those who are affiliated with the EHE DICE engage in high-quality research, outreach and advocacy to advance social, civil and educational rights.
- Advancing diversity, social justice and collaboration in teaching, learning and research;
- Engaging in equitable education initiatives for all students, especially historically underserved populations;
- Establishing practices that support the rights of all students and link inclusion and diversity to excellence;
- Building community partnerships among faculty, staff, students, families and schools;
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse student population, in collaboration with the college and university.