Human Nutrition Undergraduate Programs
Do you have an interest working in the health field and want a focus on nutrition, wellness, fitness, health education, public health or marketing? If so, one of our four programs could be a good major fit for you.
The Human Nutrition Program Area offers a variety of science-based programs that lead to a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition with a major in Human Nutrition and specializations in Dietetics, Nutrition in Industry or Nutrition Sciences.
Want to Learn More?
The Human Nutrition advising staff highly encourages students who are currently not a Human Nutrition or Nutrition major or pre-major and are interested in one or more of our four undergraduate programs to attend a Human Nutrition Information Session.
Explore the links below to learn more about each of our four undergraduate programs.
- Excellent preparation for graduate professional programs such as medical school and dental school
- Rigorous science curriculum
- Provides solid foundation in physical/biological sciences with strong emphasis on human nutrition
- Includes an internship experience that relates to a possible career of interest
- Nutrition research/lab work opportunities
- ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) prepares students to become Registered Dietitians (RDs)
- Career choices include nutrition education, nutrition counseling/therapy, sports nutrition and food service management
- Upon completion of DPD, students are eligible to apply for a Dietetic Internship
- Excellent program for students interested in marketing/sales of health products and foods
- General Business minor included in major
- Graduates employed by regulatory agencies, pharmaceutical companies, and in the nutrition product development field
- The Human Nutrition Minor consists of 24–34 credit hours and is designed to provide the student with an introduction to the area of human nutrition.