Current Research Awards
New awards are announced every month using The Ohio State University Office of Research e-activity database and the OSU Medical School Research Awards Database which provides the anticipated total award amounts. Information about new awards includes the principal investigator and co-principal investigators, title of project, the sponsor, anticipated total award amount, EHE department or Center, and an abstract and more information when available.
Monthly listings reflect when e-Activity reported the award, and does not necessarily reflect the true project start date. In projects that span multiple colleges or universities, only the funds that would be recovered by EHE are included in the anticipated total award amount. For additional information or clarification, please contact the principal investigator listed on the award. To view the monthly research awards lists, please go to EHE Research Awards.
EHE Student Research Forum
This annual event, sponsored by the College of Education and Human Ecology Office of Research, highlights the research of our graduate and undergraduate students. Last year, there were almost 100 student presentations, both oral and poster, describing completed, in-progress, and proposed studies as well as literature reviews.
SAVE THE DATE! The 2018 EHE Student Research Forum will be held on February 23, 2018 from 8:30AM to 2:45PM, at the Ohio Union, 1739 N. High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43210.
Details about the upcoming forum (including application deadlines and sign up for email updates about the event), as well as information about past forums (including abstracts of all presentations and archived forum information) can be found at EHE Student Research Forum website.
EHE Office of Research Newsletter
The EHE Office of Research newsletter, In Review, is published in the fall, winter and spring. The newsletter celebrates student, faculty and staff achievements and awards throughout the year.
Each issue highlights research from around the college, recent travel awards for students and faculty, a listing of new awards, upcoming events and more.
In Review Newsletter
Spring 2017 (pdf)
- Featured Award: Ensuring Equity In Student Access To And Participation In High-Quality, Research-Based Education
- Supporting Populations At Risk
- Celebrating Student Research
- The RMC Announces First Annual Interdisciplinary Methods Festival July 17-21, Research Commons
- Travel Awards, EHE Dissertation Fellowship Awardees, various awards
- New Research Awards, Distinguished Scholar award
- Upcoming Events, OARDC Addresses Critical Needs of Food Security, Safety and Health, Environmental Sustainability and Bio-Based Energy, Fuel and Products
EHE Office of Research Annual Reports
These annual reports provide an overview of the number of proposals submitted, new awards received, research expenditures, F&A totals, as well as the services provided to the faculty, research staff, postdocs, and graduate students by the staff of the EHE Office of Research during each fiscal year. Information about the new awards includes the principal investigator and co‐principal investigators, title of project, the funder, anticipated total award amount, and EHE department or Center.
Proposals submitted and the new awards have been sorted into sponsor categories to show the distribution of money across federal, state, foundation, and industry sponsors. Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and non‐OSP (contracts, OARDC, and extension) research expenditures are also reported. Investments on faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and graduate students are described. Details about the workshops and events sponsored by the Office of Research are also available.
- Fiscal Year 2016 Annual Report
- This infographic provides a summary of the fiscal year 2016 research efforts within EHE and how the EHE Office of Research support faculty, students and staff in the college.
- Fiscal Year 2015 Annual Report
- This infographic provides a summary of the fiscal year 2015 research efforts within EHE and how the EHE Office of Research support faculty, students and staff in the college.
- Fiscal Year 2014 Annual Report