Endorsement Checklist: The Step by Step Process
- Complete the Endorsement Online Form to indicate your
intent in enrolling in a T&L Endorsement. Please note that you must create an account (username and password) by clicking on the “Admissions” tab to be able to complete and submit this form. You will also have the option of uploading transcripts
from institutions outside of OSU.
- Enroll at Ohio State. Note that undergraduate versus graduate enrollment will depend on the type of endorsement you are pursuing. You should refer to the appropriate endorsement program sheet for more information.
- If you need to take undergraduate-level courses:
- If you need to take graduate-level courses:
- Complete the coursework by following the appropriate endorsement program sheet.
- Refer to the endorsement program sheet for endorsement-specific requirements and conditions.
- The Department of Teaching and Learning will count one (1) non-Ohio State course substitution provided that equivalency is determined by the department.
- Complete and pass the appropriate state assessment.
- Refer to the Ohio Department of Education’s (ODE) Educator License Exams page to determine the correct assessment for your endorsement.
- Be sure to request that your scores are reported to Ohio State and to ODE.
- The P-6 Mathematics Endorsement does not have a state assessment. See the P-6 Math program sheet for details.
- Submit ODE Licensure Application and payment online through the ODE website. If you have any questions regarding the application, please email email@example.com.