Priority Needs and How You Can Help
Elevate Faculty and Academic Excellence
High-performing faculty members are central to the college's ability to serve students, the community, the state, the nation and the world. For instance:
- Faculty Sherman Hanna and his graduate students appear in the news regularly for their research about topics such as racial/ethnic differences in financial behavior, household credit decisions and retirement adequacy.
- Faculty members Laura Justice and Shayne Piasta were widely publicized for their research that showed pointing out letters and words while reading storybooks to preschoolers leads to a sizeable improvement in their later reading skills. Justice is invited to share her award-winning literacy research findings around the world.
- Faculty James L. Moore III, also Ohio State's Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion, is invited to lecture worldwide for his expertise in the academic success of African American males. He has won multiple awards, including the W.E.B. DuBois Higher Education Award from the National Alliance of Black School Educators.
- Faculty Hugo Melgar-Quinonez was funded by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to review the use of his Spanish-language Latin America and Caribbean Household Food Security Scale in various countries to measure possible food shortages and hunger.
Endow faculty chairs or professorships in:
- Educational Leadership.
- Educational Psychology.
- E-Learning and Virtual Technology.
- Hospitality Management
- Human Nutrition and Health Promotion.
- Residency-Based Teacher and Administrator Preparation for Urban Schools.