Latin Honors requires a minimum of a 3.5 GPA and completion of 60 credit hours at Ohio State. Additionally, students who have successfully completed the Honors program with a minimum of a 3.4 GPA are also eligible. Credit hour and GPA requirements are reviewed one semester before you graduate and again before graduation, when all degree requirements have been met.
- If Latin Honors requirements are met the semester prior to graduation, you will be notified by email approximately 2-3 weeks prior to commencement regarding your status and when to pick up your cords.
- If Latin Honors requirements are not met until the semester of graduation, students will receive notification by email the Friday evening prior to commencement regarding Latin Honors status. If you plan to attend commencement, pick up cords while lining up prior to the commencement ceremony.
- 3.5-3.69 – Cumulative GPA is cum laude
- 3.7-3.89 – Cumulative GPA is magna cum laude
- 3.9-4.0 – Cumulative GPA is summa cum laude
Honors and Non-Honors Research
It is your responsibility to make sure your honors and/or non-honors thesis requirements are met by the time of graduation. Upon submission of this application, you will receive an email from the honors coordinator including additional paperwork and next steps to earn notation on your diploma.