You are responsible for sending any transcript to The Ohio State University. Request that your transcripts be sent to Ohio State via a secure and electronic submission for speedy processing. Get complete details from University Registrar.
Taking courses that count toward degree requirements at another institution during the term of intended graduation is strongly discouraged. It is your responsibility to ensure credit(s) will transfer to Ohio State, with approval from your advisor.
Some institutions permit students to take final exams early to ensure transcripts are sent in a timely manner. Check with your other institution to see if they offer early grade release or something similar.
Transcripts must be received by The Ohio State University Registrar no later than noon on the Friday prior to commencement.
If transcript is not received:
- You may walk at commencement
- You will not receive diploma at commencement
- Submit an electronic transcript to Ohio State as soon as possible
- Follow up with your assigned academic advisor to start the process of degree certification and obtaining your diploma
If transcript is still not received by second Friday after commencement:
- You will need to reapply for graduation with your academic advisor
- Deadline: 10th Friday of each semester
It is your responsibility to check your degree audit to ensure the credit has posted, and then email your academic advisor for next steps in degree certification, and to receive your diploma (in person or by mail).