Steps to Apply
There are several steps to complete your application to the Computer/Technology Endorsement or the Teacher Leader Endorsement program.
Eligibility Requirements for the Computer/Technology Endorsement program:
- You must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- You must have a standard Ohio teaching license or be in the process of attaining one.
Eligibility for the Teacher Leader Endorsement program:
- You must have a current Ohio educator license.
- You must have 4 years of successful teaching experience as demonstrated by evaluations and student growth measures.
- You must have a master’s degree.
If you are not currently eligible for our endorsement programs, we invite you to return when requirements have been met.
There are several steps to complete your application to the Computer/Technology Endorsement program. To be eligible to apply to the program, you must already have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and already have or be in the process of attaining an Ohio teaching license.
- Obtain graduate status so you can enroll in ES coursework http://www.gpadmissions.osu.edu. If you wish to obtain graduate level status without applying to a degree program, you will want to apply as a Graduate Non Degree applicant. Please note: Only seven (7) semester hours of graduate non degree credit can be transferred into a degree seeking program at Ohio State (no exceptions). If you are interested in applying to one of our degree programs and/or you have ever been a graduate degree seeking student at Ohio State before, please contact our office at 614-688-4007 or email@example.com.
- Complete the Computer/Technology Endorsement application or the Teacher Leader Endorsement application. The online applications will be available after January 1. Please return to this page for updates on the status of the application.
- Scan and email (pdf format only) legible copies of your teaching license and a transcript recording your highest degree earned. Do not send online advising reports. For transcripts, do not forget to include the key which is most commonly found on the back. If you have any questions about transcripts or how to electronically submit them, please contact our Licensure Coordinator.
- Three letters of recommendation that address your capacity to engage in graduate level work and reflect your current experience and/or interest in the field to which you are applying. Letters should be professional and/or academic in nature and can come from your current employer, school principal or school technology coordinator (for Computer/Technology Endorsement only), undergraduate major advisor or professor, or others who are knowledgeable about the your ability to successfully complete the program. References may be scanned and submitted electronically (pdf format only) if sent from the recommender’s academic or professional email address. We cannot accept letters emailed from accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail. References must be submitted directly from the recommender and may not be sent in by the applicant unless mailed in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature across the closure on the back.
- A statement of intent that describes your teaching background and the reasons that you wish to pursue either the Computer/Technology or Teacher Leader endorsement at Ohio State.
- Computer Technology Endorsement application deadline: July 15.
- Teacher Leader Endorsement application deadline: April 1.
Once applicant files are complete they will be sent to the faculty for review. Students admitted to the program will receive confirmation of their admission to the endorsement program and the name of their endorsement advisor via email.