Teacher Leader Endorsement
Recognized by the Ohio Department of Education, the Teacher Leader Endorsement from Ohio State fulfills one of the requirements to obtain the Lead Professional Educator License, the highest licensing credential a teacher can achieve in the state.
This endorsement is tailored to meet the needs of a working professional who aspires to be a leader in his or her school and district while continuing as a classroom teacher.
When you earn a teacher leader endorsement you will be well positioned to support the development of new teachers, lead school improvement initiatives, assist school administrators with professional development activities and attend to other leadership needs within the school. The Teacher Leader Endorsement also will help qualify educators for the Lead Professional Educators License, the highest qualification on Ohio's highest four-tiered licensure structure.
Achieving the Teacher Leader Endorsement can be completed as quickly as one year. You can work and attend school at the same time and our blended course delivery supports the schedule of the working professional. The Ohio Department of Education does not require a test to complete the endorsement.
Additionally, a portion of the coursework required for the Teacher Leader Endorsement can be used in other education administration programs including:
- Principal licensure
- Doctoral programs including the PhD and EdD degrees (pending advisor approval)
- Anika Anthony, PhD, Associate Professor
- Noelle Arnold, PhD, Associate Professor
- Karen Beard, PhD, Assistant Professor
- John Conrath, PhD, Senior Lecturer
- Melissa Conrath, PhD, Senior Lecturer
- Phillip Daniel, EdD, Flesher Professor Emeritus
- Belinda Gimbert, PhD, Associate Professor
- Roger Goddard, PhD, Fawcett Chair and Professor
- John Marschhausen, PhD, Superintendent in Residence and Superintendent of the Hilliard City Schools
- Dustin Miller, PhD, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Scott Sweetland, PhD, Professor