Accelerated Licensure Program for Superintendents
The Accelerated Licensure Program for Superintendents at The Ohio State University trains high-impact education professionals to become school district executive leaders. As a part of this program, you will receive a rich educational experience while learning from acclaimed professors and mentored by practicing superintendents.
In the Accelerated Licensure Program for Superintendents you will develop the leadership and communications skills needed to become a high performing superintendent in the 21st century.
Professionals a part of this prestigious program seek to achieve the highest levels of accomplishment they can in education. And our highly ranked and respected leadership program puts educators on the path to make those professional goals a reality.
This 12-month program is designed for education professionals who already have significant leadership experience, a demonstrated track record of success and are dedicated to continual education in teaching and learning.
Included are the basics of how a school district operates – taught by practitioners who make up the district to the building systems needed to keep them going. Also included is board of education politics and public relations as well as finance and administrative policies and responsibilities. Finally, opportunities are provided to learn leadership directly from a superintendent mentor who can show you these skills in practice.
To be considered for the Accelerated Licensure Program for Superintendents, you must have a letter of recommendation from your district's superintendent, meet all graduate school requirements and have leadership experience or opportunity for leadership experience.
Minimum semester hours to degree completion: 12
Prerequisites: Master's degree and three years successful leadership experience
Coursework: Leadership, administration, school finance, public relations, politics, field experience
- Anika Anthony, PhD, Associate Professor
- Noelle Arnold, PhD, Associate Professor
- Karen Beard, PhD, Assistant Professor
- John Conrath, PhD, Senior Lecturer
- Melissa Conrath, PhD, Senior Lecturer
- Phillip Daniel, EdD, Flesher Professor Emeritus
- Belinda Gimbert, PhD, Associate Professor
- Roger Goddard, PhD, Fawcett Chair and Professor
- John Marschhausen, PhD, Superintendent in Residence and Superintendent of the Hilliard City Schools
- Dustin Miller, PhD, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Scott Sweetland, PhD, Professor