How to Apply
The Accelerated Licensure Program for Superintendents is designed for educational leaders with a demonstrated track record of success. Program participants are carefully screened and, if selected, will join other participants in a one-year cohort learning experience involving university and field practitioner faculty members.
Consideration for the Accelerated Licensure Program is by school superintendent nomination only.
- Accelerated Licensure Program for Superintendents Nomination Form*
- Accelerated Licensure Program for Superintendents Online Application
- Statement of Intent+
- Three Letters of Recommendation (you must use the reference coversheet for licensure (PDF)). Please note: Admission to the Superintendent's Program is by school district nomination only. One reference form must be completed by your school district superintendent. If you are not currently working in a school district please contact the Licensure Coordinator at 614-688-4007.
- Official, Sealed Transcripts from All Universities/Colleges Attended (except Ohio State). Please note: the accelerated licensure program requires a cumulative combined undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher for consideration.
- Copy of Standard Administrative (Principal) License
- The State of Ohio now uses The Ohio Assessments for Educators through Pearson. If you did not take a Praxis exam by September 1, 2013, for your administrative license, then you must take the Ohio Assessment for Educators test code 015: Educational Leadership. The passing score is 220. More information is available at http://www.oh.nesinc.com/
- GRE Scores (required if combined cumulative undergrad GPA is below a 3.0 or if applying to the PhD program)
- IF you have previously enrolled as a degree seeking graduate student at Ohio State: Request for Transfer of Graduate Program Form (PDF) and a copy of your Application File from your previous academic department.
*Nomination forms are given directly to area district superintendents. If your superintendent has not been sent the nomination form please contact Christine Fagan for a copy.
Statement of Intent
+ Statements of intent should be one to two pages in length and include items listed in the outline below:
- Autobiographical statement including educational and professional goals
- An expression of your beliefs about the capacity for all students to learn and achieve reasonable standards and your knowledge and appreciation of the following:
- the role played by principals and/or superintendents
- the influence schools have on society and culture, as well as how schools reflect the society in which they are situated
- the role school personnel play as agents of change
- the diversity and worth of students, families, communities, cultures, and background across all ethnic groups, genders, disabilities, and socioeconomic levels
- the responsibility of school administrators to understand the authority of the school and the rights of students, faculty, and staff
- You should also address your willingness to:
- use multiple data sources to drive decisions about student learning
- study professional practices that impact student learning