Back to top

Find Your Path

I am a teacher with a bachelor's degree and I want to become a school administrator.

Principals in the state of Ohio are required to hold a master's degree and an administrative license. OSU offers a combined 36 credit hour program where you can earn both your license and an MA in Educational Administration. Students can choose either a self-paced or accelerated licensure program. Once you have completed the licensure courses, you will only need to take a research course and decide if you would like to complete a thesis or a master's degree exam.

To learn more about admissions requirements and courses of study for our Educational Administration master's degree program, licensure program, and endorsements, click the boxes below.

As you think long-term, consider OSU's doctoral programs as well. An EdD might also be an option if you know you plan to stay in P-12 but want to earn a doctoral level degree. Click the boxes below to learn more.