Back to top

Find Your Path

I am a principal or central office administrator with a master's degree and I want to earn a doctorate.

Because we are a Research 1 institution, earning a doctorate from Ohio State University can open many professional doors for you inside and outside P-12. We offer both an EdD and several PhDs. Educators planning to remain in a P-12 setting may opt to do the EdD. You may also choose to complete coursework for one of the endorsements or for a superintendent's license as part of your doctoral program electives.

Educators who want to become professors or work outside a P-12 setting should consider the PhD, which is often required by non-profit groups, governmental or research organizations or in higher education.


Earn a PhD


Earn an EdD

Earn a Superintendent License