Dual Degree Students
Earning a Dual Degree expands your career options to put your passion into action and go farther faster. You can earn two graduate degrees in less time than it takes to pursue them independently, while enhancing your interdisciplinary expertise in both fields.
Steps to Apply
If you are a current graduate student in any academic unit at Ohio State interested in adding an Educational Studies degree to your primary program:
- Request that your home department send a copy of your application file to the Department of Educational Studies. Your file should include your original personal statement, resume, transcripts, application, and letters of recommendation. Have your home department send these documents directly to firstname.lastname@example.org either electronically as an email attachment.
- Complete the Dual Degree Application form at gradforms.osu.edu. This will serve as your new personal statement specifically for the Department of Educational Studies, so take your time in crafting your response. Note that some programs have specific statement of purpose questions.
- Update your Resume. You can send your updated resume and Dual Degree Application form directly to email@example.com.
- Submit GRE scores if applicable. If you submitted test scores when you originally applied to Ohio State, no additional action is needed. If you were waived from standardized testing or this was not required for your original program, you may need to submit GRE scores for you program. Visit the Educational Studies Graduate Application Checklist to see if GRE scores are required.
- Contact the Department of Educational Studies once you believe all of your checklist items have been completed. We will not send your file for academic review until you inform us that your application is complete. Please note that admission deadlines are the same as designated on the Application Checklist.