Master of Sciences in Consumer Sciences, Hospitality and Retail Management
In our Hospitality and Retail Management master’s program, you will learn the latest knowledge that has substantial impact on today’s hospitality and fashion retail businesses and will prepare you for the next generation of leaders in lodging, foodservice, tourism and fashion retail industries.
- Get prepared for leadership roles
- Learn management skills and apply research to solve business problems related to hospitality and retail consumers, their judgments and decision-making processes.
- First-hand experience to deepen your knowledge of hospitality and retail industries
- Focus studies in hospitality or fashion retail management
- Two program tracks: Professional industry or research
What You’ll Learn
This innovative and reputable program will teach you the important elements of the profession such as:
- Advanced knowledge in leadership
- Consumer behavior and services marketing principles
- Management consulting skills and service design
- Technology innovation and social media marketing
- Cross-cultural research
- Aesthetics, body image, self-representation
The Hospitality and Retail Management graduate program has a proven record of successful placement of graduates.
Our graduates have careers in managerial and administrative positions at major hospitality and retail industries, including:
- Marriott International
- Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Target Corporation
- The Limited Corporation
- Under Armour
Graduates are also well prepared to continue their studies at the doctoral level.
Coursework: Introduction to research in hospitality and retail management, consumer behavior in hospitality and retail management, services in the hospitality and retail industries
Academic opportunities: Graduate associateships, Consumer Sciences Graduate Student Organization, scholarships, university fellowships, EHE Research Forum, Hayes Research Forum
Plan A - Research Focused MS:
Prerequisites/Pre-major Requirements: Bachelor's degree, GRE/GMAT scores
Plan B - Professional Industry Focused (non-thesis) MS:
Prerequisites/Pre-major Requirements: Bachelor's degree, 3 years of work experience or GRE/GMAT
Department of Human Sciences
PAES Building, 1st Floor
305 W. 17th Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Professor, Hospitality and Retail Management
Graduate Studies Chair in Consumer Sciences