Doctor of Philosophy in Consumer Sciences, Hospitality and Retail Management
An innovative and reputable program at Ohio State, the Hospitality and Retail Management (HRM) program provides you cutting-edge knowledge impacting today’s hospitality and fashion retail businesses.
- Develop expertise in research methodologies and principles in hospitality and retail management
- Focus studies in hospitality management or fashion retail management
- Research integrated into your studies from the start of your degree to graduation
- Partner with distinguished faculty who are uncovering new ways to enhance consumer experiences and marketing efficiency
What You’ll Learn
- Learn and conduct research about hospitality and retail consumers, their evaluations of service experiences, their affective and cognitive responses to brands, and their judgments and decision-making processes
- Master important elements of the profession, including:
- Advanced knowledge in leadership
- Consumer behavior and services marketing principles
- Management consulting skills and service design
- Technology innovation and social media marketing
- Cross-cultural research
- Aesthetics, body image, self-representation
With a doctoral degree in Hospitality and Retail Management, you'll use your expertise and advanced knowledge to become a university professor or a leader at a research organization in hospitality management or fashion retail industries.
Coursework: Introduction to research in hospitality and retail management, consumer behavior in hospitality and retail management, services in the hospitality and retail industries
Academic opportunities: Graduate associateships, Consumer Sciences Graduate Student Organization, scholarships, university fellowships, EHE Research Forum, Hayes Research Forum
Department of Human Sciences
PAES Building, 1st Floor
305 W. 17th Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Professor, Hospitality and Retail Management
Graduate Studies Chair in Consumer Sciences