Outreach and Resources
Human Sciences Resources
- The Human Sciences Graduate Professional Travel Award is an opportunity for matching financial support to recognize and encourage graduate students to present their research within the academic community. Current graduate students in Human Sciences advised by faculty are eligible.
- The collegiate chapter of BRAG (Black Retail Action Group) at Ohio State aims to bring awareness about the organization to the minority population and to assist the students within that population, that hold a discerned interest in retail, in obtaining internship/networking opportunities with major companies within the retail arena.
- Couple and Family Therapy Clinic
- Fashion and Retail Studies Speaker Series: “Retailing Today, Tomorrow, and Beyond”
- The Exercise Science Laboratory at The Ohio State University provides physical fitness services to the Central Ohio community. For over 30 years, the Exercise Science Laboratory has provided exercise testing, prescription, and training services to faculty, staff, safety service employees, athletes, and community members. The fully equipped laboratory is also heavily used for teaching and research purposes.
- Hospitality Management Advisory Board includes 16 members, all of them leaders in the field.
- Sloopy's Diner in the Ohio Union is a real-life classroom for the hospitality management program including a state-of-the-art laboratory kitchen.
- The Historic Costume and Textiles Collection is an educational, scholarly, and artistic resource for The Ohio State University as well as the Columbus area fashion industry. Begun in the 1940s as a teaching tool, the Collection currently numbers approximately 10,000 items.
- Visit the Michelle Lynn Dauterman Computer Laboratory. In the memory of their daughter, Michelle Lynn Dauterman, her parents Fred Dauterman, an Ohio State University alumnus, and his wife Alta, created a generous endowment to build this facility. This teaching laboratory supports instruction in computer-aided design applied to apparel, interiors, and textiles with 15 stations workstations.
- Body Image and Health Task Force - The Task Force provides resources to the Ohio State community and surrounding areas for exploring the issue of body image disturbance and eating disorders. At all levels of inquiry we offer an anonymous means to seek this information.
- USDA Multicultural Scholars Program - The objective of this MSP proposal is to recruit four minority Scholars to the OSU undergraduate Human Nutrition (HN) program, nurture their academic development via intensive mentoring, research and outreach experiences, and enrichment activities.
- The Financial Counseling and Planning Journal is the refereed research journal of the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education which Â disseminates scholarly research related to financial counseling and planning education.
- International Textile and Apparel Association - The ITAA aims to advance excellence in scholarship and education in the textiles, apparel, and merchandising field.
- The International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (CHRIE) is the global advocate of hospitality and tourism education for schools, colleges, and universities offering programs in hotel and restaurant management, foodservice management and culinary arts.
- The Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE) is a non-profit, professional organization comprised of researchers, academics, and financial counselors, educators and planners.
- The American Council on Consumer Interests (ACCI) has been—and remains todayâ€”the leading membership organization for academics and other professionals involved in consumer and family economics.
The Extension faculty and professional staff design, develop, deliver and evaluate human development and family life education programs focusing on issues related to early care and development, aging and relationships in later life, couple and marital relationships, and issues of parenthood.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Extension website contains information for the Safe Food in Ohio program, along with EFNEP, the Senior Series, the 4-H program, and the Family Nutrition program.
- OSU Extension is broadly recognized throughout the state as a premier educational network.
- Ohioline is your link to information, news, and education.
- OARDC (Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center) is focused on enhancing the well-being of the all people throughout the world through research on foods, agriculture, family, and the environment.
- The Center for Advanced Functional Foods Research and Entrepreneurship (CAFFRE) serves as a catalyst for research and development of novel functional foods and components that will enhance health and quality of life for people of all ages.
Ohio State Resources
- Use the Ohio State home page as your gateway to learn more about all aspects of the university community.
- Need to schedule classes? View the Undergraduate Course Offerings.
- A resource for graduate students - the University Graduate Handbook.
- All students should be familiar with the rules set by the University Committee on Academic Misconduct.