EHE students at Ohio State engage in international scholarship on campus and around the world!
The Global Option is a series of undergraduate courses and experiences which can be incorporated into most EHE programs of study at any of our five campuses. By selecting courses and experiences that have an international focus within the existing program offerings students can add a recognition on their transcript that recognizes their global experiences. Talk to your undergraduate program advisor or click here to learn more.
Ohio State offers study abroad experiences throughout the year, especially between May and August. Experiences include education abroad experiences operated by other institutions, internship experiences, Ohio State education abroad courses offered by other Ohio State colleges or campuses, and EHE education abroad courses. EHE students are eligible to enroll in any of the experiences and can seek funding support for these experiences.
Learn more about study abroad courses.
Learn about EHE's study abroad offerings.
There are FIVE different financial supports for study abroad; three of these are offered by the College of Education and Human Ecology.
- Course Subsidies:
All EHE faculty-led study abroad courses receive significant subsidies from the college. This means that courses fees associated with the study abroad experience are heavily discounted. These discounts are built directly into the advertised course cost. In 2017-18, faculty-led study abroad course subsidies total approximately $100,000.
EHE Ambassador Award:
The EHE Ambassador Award provides need-based financial assistance to EHE students participating in EHE faculty-led study abroad programs that take place during the 2017-18 academic year. One scholarship will be awarded to an EHE student in each of the 2017-18 EHE faculty-led study abroad programs. Click here to access the application.
Deadlines for application submission are as follows:
December 17, 2017
Students will be notified of award decisions by December 22, 2017
- Early Childhood Study in Israel
- Indonesia: First Education Experience Program
- Indonesia: Tourism, Culture, and Local Communities
- The European Model of Sport
January 12, 2018
Students will be notified of award decisions by January 25, 2018.
- Exploring Japan through Sport, Wellness, and Culture
Contact email@example.com for more information on the award for these programs:
- Sustainability and Social Justice in Ecuador
- Multicultural Histories and Legacies of Rome & London
- Higher Education in Brazil
- Additional scholarships are available from EHE through the Office of Scholarships and Student Enrichment.
- EHE students proposing research abroad may be eligible for a scholarship from the EHE Office of Research.
- The OSU Office of International Affairs provides information on numerous additional funding sources.
Regional campus EHE students may be eligible for funds from his or her campus.
East-West Center (EWC), Honolulu, Hawaii USA
For fifty-five years, East-West Center (EWC) student participants have developed lifelong relationships and a powerful sense of community with others who share an interest in and commitment to the Asia Pacific region.
Opportunities for Study and Scholarships