The Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement (DICE) develops, promotes and supports dynamic programming to encourage critical thinking about diversity, equity and inclusion. The office engages in high-quality research, outreach and advocacy efforts focusing on social, civil and educational rights.
We are committed to:
- Diversity, social justice and collaboration in teaching, learning and research;
- Equitable educational initiatives for all students, especially historically underserved populations;
- Practices that support the rights of all students and link inclusion and diversity to excellence;
- Community-building and partnerships among faculty, staff, students, families and schools; and
- Recruitment and retention efforts, in consultation with the college and the university, for historically underserved populations.
There remains an urgent need for institutions of higher education in the United States to take a proactive stance with critically addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Read the following position statement from the EHE Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement, and share with your networks.