Child and Youth Studies: Early Childhood Development and Education
The first years of a child’s life are a formative period that lays the foundation for growth into adulthood – emotionally, physically and intellectually. Specializing in Early Childhood Development and Education prepares you to help cultivate healthy growth in children, shaping their lives and our society for the better.
Young children taught by skilled early childhood educators experience multiple benefits, including improved social skills, enhanced attention spans, better grades in school, and less need for special education services later on.
- Intervention and Prevention Practices in Development and Education
- Educational Psychology
- Creativity and the Arts
- Professional Field Experience
When you successfully complete the Early Childhood Development and Education specialization you have several careers available, including:
- Preschool teacher
- Childcare Center Director
- Home-Based Service Provider
- Family Support Specialist (i.e., Head Start Programs)
- Classroom teacher (through a post-baccalaureate or graduate-level teacher licensure programs)
Request more information
Make an advising appointment