Core Practices in World Language Education - Online Graduate Certificate
The Online Graduate Certificate Program in Core Practices in World Language Education engages practicing World Language teachers from across the United States in a rigorous, reflective professional cohort that supports them in improving their World Language teaching practice.
Core practices have been deﬁned as those practices that are essential to successful classroom teaching and student learning, and are possible for teachers to learn and enact in their classrooms. By participating in this online graduate certificate program, World Language teachers will not only improve their classroom practice, they will more effectively engage their students in learning activities across the three modes of communication, and thereby better help their students to develop proficiency in the world language.
This graduate certificate program consists of 12 credit hours, which include the following courses:
- EDUTL 6645 Language as a Resource in WL Education - 3 hrs
- EDUTL 5613 Core Practices in WL Education - 3 hrs
- EDUTL 5616 Core Practices in WL Assessment - 3 hrs
- EDUTL 5618 Advanced Core Practices in WL Education - 3 hrs
These courses build participating teachers' ability to understand the theory that informs effective practice for instruction and assessment in the world language classroom, while they simultaneously enact those theories in practice with their students.
Minimum requirements for admission include:
- Practicing world language teachers in the United States and beyond with an intial teaching licensure from a state/other licensing entity
- Advanced-Low Oral Proficiency and Writing Proficiency as documented by an ACTFL OPI and WPT or acceptable equivalents
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
International applicants need 85 TOEFL score
Minimum previous education: Bachelor's degree
- A valid, standard Ohio teaching license or proof of out-of-state teaching license
- All transcripts from previous institutions
- Letter of support from supervisor on school letterhead
- Statement of purpose
- Official ACTFL OPI and WPT score