Course Permission Request
Academic Services provides support to prospective and current Teaching and Learning graduate students concerning admission to programs and endorsements, graduation processes, course registration and other services.
Admission to Teaching and Learning
Please schedule an appointment with Academic Services prior to applying to graduate programs in Teaching and Learning.
- MA application checklist – Details requirements to apply to MA program
- MEd application checklist – Details requirements to apply to MEd program
- EdS application checklist – Details requirements to apply to EdS program
- PhD application checklist – Details requirements to apply to PhD program
Graduate Student Forms
- Graduate program transfer request – Current or previous Ohio State graduate students use this to apply to transfer into a Teaching and Learning Program
- Request to transfer graduate credit – to transfer non-Ohio state graduate credit hours (submitted through gradforms.osu.edu)
- Request to transfer graduate non-degree credit – to transfer non-Ohio State graduate non-degree credit hours (submitted through gradforms.osu.edu)
- Approval for Dissertation Proposal – Form the dissertation committee signs after approving a dissertation proposal
- Graduate student travel grant application – Contact Jo'Vanna Zanders, email@example.com for more information.
- Research apprenticeship proposal form
- Change of advisor
- MA Program Sheet
- PhD Program Sheet
- EdS Program Sheet
Handbooks, Policies and Deadlines
The Graduate Associate (GA) application process is coordinated by the Office of Academic Affairs’ Graduate Associate Manager. Graduate students returning to the Department of Teaching and Learning will have access to the GA application from November to December each year. The GA manager will communicate the application process and link to the application via students’ Ohio State email account.
Prospective graduate students currently in the process of applying to the Department of Teaching and Learning must complete the GA application to be considered for a position. A link to this application is also provided in the Graduate School application under the “Funding" tab.
- Graduate Associate Website
- Graduate Associate Application
- Graduate Associate Appointment Guidelines
- Graduate Associate Evaluation Form
Faculty & Staff
If you have any questions/needs regarding scheduling, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that you obtain a response as soon as possible.
Faculty should send permission for students to enroll in independent study, research apprenticeship and/or dissertation hours to email@example.com.