Back to top

Schedule an Appointment

Back to Advising Basics

Current Students

Students should plan ahead to meet with with an academic advisor by scheduling appointments in advance. It is common for an academic advisor to be booked with appointments for a few weeks.

To schedule an in-person or phone academic advising appointment, students can a) call the Academic Advising Appointment line at (614) 292-9261, b) visit OnCourse, or c) stop by the front desk in A100 PAES Building.

Effective summer semester 2012, all academic advisor offices are located in A100 PAES Building.

Non-EHE students

Students who are interested in changing their major to a major in EHE must first complete an information session, prior to meeting with an academic advisor. Find the information session for your major(s) of interest here.

Express Advising

Express Advising will only be offered the first and tenth weeks of the semester from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Express Advising is not offered during the summer term. Students will be seen on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please remember the following reasons for attending Express Advising.

Express Advising is for...Express Advising is not for...
Adding coursesDegree progress
Obtaining advisor signatureChanging majors
Curriculum permissionsAcademic action
Follow-upRegistration petitions
 Semester projections
 SAP appeals

Just need to add a course (requiring instructor permission)?
If you just need to add a course with instructor permission, and you have the permission, the front desk in A100 PAES Building may add the course for you. In this case, you do not need to sign up for Express Advising.

Academic Advisor Change Request

Academic advising is a continuous relationship between the student and advisor. Not every relationship is going to be a perfect fit. If students have met with a previous advisor and have an established relationship, or have extenuating circumstances on why you would like to request a different academic advisor, please complete the Academic Advisor Change Request.