Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Education
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages leads to a K-12 license. This program prepares students to teach English to students who have another native language.
Interested in changing your major to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Education (TESOL)? Current EHE students interested in switching their major to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Education (TESOL) can call the Undergraduate Student Services Office at 614-292-9261 to schedule an appointment. Students who are interested in declaring a major in EHE must first meet with an EHE Academic Advisor. To schedule an appointment:
- Call the Academic Advising Appointment line at 614-292-9261.
- Stop by the front desk in A100 PAES Building
TESOL is a competitive program. Students should complete nearly all of their GE and pre-major courses before applying to the major.
There is no guarantee students will be accepted into the full major by completing the minimum requirements successfully.
- 2.75 or higher cumulative Ohio State GPA
- Variety of pre-major courses
- To create a plan for completing the pre-major courses, please consult with your assigned UGSS advisor.
Application Deadline: January 15