Global Option in Education & Human Ecology (GO EHE)
The Global Option in Education and Human Ecology (GO EHE) is an exciting new program for all EHE students in good academic standing.
Participating students have the opportunity to enhance their ability to communicate with and work alongside individuals from other cultures. This is achieved through experiences abroad, globally themed coursework, and a culminating project. Students will also maintain an e-portfolio to record and reflect on their experiences. GO EHE activities are designed to equip our students with the skills they need to thrive in their careers and be more competitive candidates for graduate study.
The GO EHE program is designed to be completed without adding significant time to graduation and allows students to come up with individual plans. Successfully completing the requirements will earn students the Education and Human Ecology Global Option designation on their transcript.
To pursue GO EHE, you must be in good academic standing within your program of study. Individual plans for completion must be approved prior to completing GO EHE requirements. To create an individual plan, please contact the GO EHE advisor in Undergraduate Student Services.
The EHE global option designation requires the completion of coursework and experiences in the following four areas:
- Early Education Abroad Experience (required)
- Any education abroad or international experience
- Must include a preparatory program or coursework
- International Learning (choose one)
- Culture or Language Proficiency (choose one)
- For majors with foreign language requirement: two courses beyond requirements
- For majors without foreign language requirement: coursework through 1103
- Completion of a world language minor
- Advanced (3000-level or above) Education Abroad
- Student teaching experience abroad
- Global-Local Experience (Domestic internship w/strong connections to international community)
- Capstone course (required)
- Complete 3 credit hours of EHE 5892
- Typically taken after students have complete components A-C (please consult with the GO EHE Program Coordinator to determine the appropriate time to enroll)
GO EHE Program Checklist
Students can download the GO EHE Program Checklist to keep track of their progress in the program. Interested students should complete the GO EHE interest form and schedule an appointment with the GO EHE Advisor, to ensure they are completing the program correctly.
GO EHE Contact Information
College of Education and Human Ecology
Undergraduate Student Services
A100 PAES Bldg, 305 Annie and John Glenn Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210