Scheduling can be difficult at the Ohio State University, as we are one of the biggest institutions in the United States. We have put together some helpful tips to make the scheduling process a little easier for you.
- Register for classes when scheduling window opens – do not wait!
The common reason students don't get into their course is because they do not schedule their courses when their window opens. The more time you wait, the more time other students have to get into the course.
- Add yourself to the waitlist if class is full
- Find an alternate course as a backup option
Use your degree audit or assigned academic advisor for assistance finding alternate courses.
- Contact the instructor of the waitlisted course and request permission to join the course
The instructor will be listed when you conduct a search for a class. If "Staff" is listed as the instructor, you should contact the department where the course is taught for permission. e.g. ENG 1110.01 = English Department. You can find the instructor contact information by clicking on "Find People" in the top-right hand corner of the OSU home page. You can find the department contact information by entering the department name in the search box in the top-right hand page of the OSU home page.
- Attend the 1st day of class with the Course Enrollment Permission Form, and request permission from the instructor to join the course
All completed Course Enrollment Permission forms can be dropped off at the front desk in A100 PAES Building from 8:00AM – 4:30PM.
- Attend Express Advising
Express Advising is offered during the first and tenth weeks of class from 9:00AM-4:00PM in A100 PAES Building - no appointment needed. This service is first come, first served.
- Remember Add/Drop Deadlines