Contact information for regional faculty members is located on the main College Directory.
Program Area: Consumer Sciences
- Ph.D. Economics, University of Cambridge, UK, 2007
- MSc. Economics, University of York, UK, 2002
- B.A. Economics (with distinction), University of Crete, Greece, 2001
- Economics of Health Behaviors, Economic Demography; Labor Economics; Applied econometrics
- Research Specialist, Department of Consumer Sciences, Ohio State University, 2012-present
- Research Associate, Department of Policy Analysis and Management, Cornell University, 2009-2012
- Research Fellow, Hellenic Observatory, London School of Economics, 2008-2009
- Research Assistant, Research Directorate, European Central Bank, 2007-2008
- 'Smoking behavior of Mexicans: patterns by birth-cohort, gender, and education', International Journal of Public Health, forthcoming (with with D. R. Lillard and J. Balmori)
- 'Markups in the Euro area and the US over the period 1981-2004: a comparison of 50 sectors', Empirical Economics, 42(1): 53-77, 2012 (with P. Vermeulen, also available as ECB working paper No. 856, 2008)
- 'Dying for a smoke: how much does differential mortality of smokers affect estimated life-course smoking prevalence?' (with J. Han, A. Jaber, D. R. Lillard), Preventive Medicine, 52(1): 66-70, 2011.
- 'Youth outcomes in the labour markets of advanced economies: decline, deterioration, and causes' (with P. Ryan), in I. Schoon and R.Silbereisen (eds.), Transitions from school to work: Globalisation, individualisation, and patterns of diversity, Cambridge University Press, 2009
- 'The youth labor market problem in cross-national perspective', in G. DeFreitas (ed.), Young workers in the global economy: Job challenges in North America, Europe and Japan, Edward Elgar, 2008