The Sports and Fashion exhibition, presented by the Historic Costume and Textiles Collection, presents sportswear from the late 19th century through the 21st century.
- Monday, Mar. 18, 2019 to Friday, Apr. 26, 2019279 Campbell Hall, 1787 Neil Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43210
- Friday, Mar. 22, 2019241 Campbell Hall, 1787 Neil Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43210The Consumer Sciences Seminar is a weekly series that faculty from Ohio State and other universities present the latest research and trends in consumer sciences. Speakers present cutting-edge research on a diverse and wide-ranging set of topics that includes how individuals and couples shop, engage in precautionary financial or health behavior, take risks, interact with firms, and run businesses.
- Tuesday, Mar. 26, 2019175 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43201In this Ohio-approved workshop, explore the concepts of toxic, tolerable and positive stress. Discuss the impact of toxic stress on the brain and body of both children and adults and discuss ways that teachers can support children in the classroom as they experience different types of stressors. Learn the importance of self-care to teachers’ healthy social emotional development and job satisfaction. Fee: $30
- Friday, Mar. 29, 2019200 Campbell Hall, 1747 Neil Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43210Douglas Casa, professor of kinesiology at the University of Connecticut, will speak at the Kinesiology Seminar Series March 29 where he will discuss his research "Exertional Heat Stroke and Preventing Sudden Death in Sport: The Long Road from Evidence to Policy."
- Wednesday, Apr. 03, 2019260 Ramseyer Hall, 29 W. Woodruff Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43210Amy Nathanson, professor of communication, is the speaker for the Crane Research Forum where she will discuss "Electronic Media in Children's Lives: Implications for Sleep, Functioning, and Family Interactions." Nathanson's work explores the relation between television exposure and neuropsychological function among infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Thursday, Apr. 18, 20192201 Fred Taylor Drive, Columbus, OH 43210The Graduate Society of Nutritional Sciences (GSNS) at The Ohio State University will host the 16th annual Russell Klein Nutrition Research Symposium Thursday, April 18, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center.
- Wednesday, Apr. 24, 2019Ohio State Research Commons, 3rd Floor, 18th Ave. Library
- Thursday, May. 02, 2019Ohio Union Cartoon Room, 1739 N. High St., Columbus, Ohio 43210Join the Crane Center on Thursday, May 2 for its Spring Distinguished Speaker Series as Roberta Golinkoff discusses, "The Magic and Mystery of Language in the First Three Years of Life."
- Thursday, Jun. 06, 2019 to Friday, Jul. 05, 2019Metro Early College High School, 1929 Kenny Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210Learn in-depth and innovative ways to teach literature and engage students. This four-week program and two-day conference for teachers can satisfy CEU requirements and provide a head start to an advanced degree.