The Human Nutrition Seminar Series shares recent advances in nutrition science presented by locally, nationally and internationally recognized scientists.
- Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:30am252 Campbell Hall, 1787 Neil Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43210
- Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:00pm136 Ramseyer Hall, 29 W. Woodruff Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43210Dr. Jen Wong will present at QREM's next Methodological Colloquium to share her experiences with the strengths and pitfalls of diary methods. Diary methods serve to capture the experiences of everyday life. With the evolution of paper-pencil diaries to electronic data collection, dairy methods have become increasingly complex. This presentation will focus on types of diary designs, effectiveness of the designs, and analysis of diary data.
- Friday, March 31, 2017 - 1:00pm241 Campbell Hall, 1787 Neil Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43210The Consumer Sciences Seminar is a weekly series that faculty from Ohio State and other universities present the latest research and trends in consumer sciences.
- Monday, April 3, 2017 - 8:00amArchie M. Griffin Ballroom, The Ohio Union, 1739 N. High St., Columbus, Ohio 43210Attend TeachOhio 2017, a targeted recruitment event that provides the opportunity to network and interview with school districts from across the country. The career fair will take place in the Archie M. Griffin Ballroom at The Ohio Union, on Monday, April 3rd, 2017 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. For the schedule of the career fair, please see below. If you would like to register please complete this form. For questions or concerns, contact Katie Moore.
- Monday, April 3, 2017 - 10:00am175 East 7th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201Join the Crane Center for Early Childhood Research and Policy as researchers discuss, "Age-related progressions in story structure in young children’s narratives," presented by Kiren Khan, CCEC Post Doctoral Researcher. The informal gathering is held from 10-11 a.m. at the Schoenbaum Family Center and highlight the latest must-read CCEC research articles in the early childhood education arena. Free parking is available on 4th Street, Summit Street, Hamlet, and 7th Avenue.
- Monday, April 3, 2017 - 12:30pm175 East 7th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201In an Ohio Approved practitioner workshop presented by the Schoenbaum Family Center and Crane Center for Early Childhood Research and Policy, you'll learn to use qualitative and quantitative data to inform instruction and practice in early childhood classrooms. The $30 workshop is from 12:30-3 p.m. at the Schoenbaum Family Center, 175 East 7th Avenue, in Columbus. Please arrive 15 minutes early for free parking on Summit Street, Hamlet, 4th Street or 7th Avenue.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017 - 12:00pm136 Ramseyer Hall, 29 W. Woodruff Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43210Doug Downey, professor of sociology at The Ohio State University, presents his lecture on "Fifty Years since the Coleman Report: Rethinking the Relationship between Schools and Inequality."
- Friday, April 7, 2017 - 12:00pm311 Denney Hall 164 Annie and John Glenn Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43210GradSem brings students from across Ohio State to discuss a variety of literacy issues.
- Monday, April 10, 2017 - 12:30pm209The Human Development and Family Science Brown Bag series consists of weekly seminars focusing on research, methods, and professional development. Research and methods seminars are presented by faculty within and outside of the Human Sciences department from a variety of disciplines.
- Monday, April 17, 2017 - 12:30pm209 Campbell Hall, 1787 Neil Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43210The Human Development and Family Science Brown Bag series consists of weekly seminars focusing on research, methods, and professional development. Research and methods seminars are presented by faculty within and outside of the Human Sciences department from a variety of disciplines.