Dean Donald Pope-Davis
Don Pope-Davis (PhD, Stanford University) is Dean of the College of Education and Human Ecology at The Ohio State University. He is passionate about using higher education to address issues of equity, economic growth and the psychological well-being of educators and students. An educator for more than 25 years, he previously was dean of the College of Education at New Mexico State University, a Hispanic-serving institution. He also served in senior-level positions at the University of Notre Dame. Pope-Davis’ work on religious attitudes, multicultural competence and unintentional racism in counseling is widely published in peer-reviewed journals. He is an elected fellow of the American Psychological Association's Society for Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues and a fellow of the Society of Counseling Psychology. Cambridge University Press recently co-authored his fourth book examining the attitudes of Black Catholics in America. He is a member of the steering committee of Deans for Social Justice and Equity in Education and the incoming chair of the American Psychological Association’s Committee of Ethnic Minority Affairs.
- Noelle Arnold, Associate Dean of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement
- Natasha Slesnick, Associate Dean of Research
- Anastasia Snyder, Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs
- Lori Patton Davis, Chair – Educational Studies
- Ruth Lowery, Interim Chair – Teaching and Learning
- Erik Porfeli, Chair – Human Sciences
- Kelly Crawford, Senior Fiscal Officer
- Laura Justice, Executive Director of Crane Center for Early Childhood Research and Policy
- Joe Roush, Chief Information Officer, Director of Facilities and Communications
Our work at the College of Education and Human Ecology brings together theory and practice to share and improve the community in powerful ways. Our centers and programs develop and execute innovative strategies that improve educational and healthy living opportunities for children, adults and families in cities, states and nations around the world.
Read More about the college's community impact
The College Council is an elected body of faculty that advises the dean on college academics, policies and procedures such as programs, fiscal matters and personnel decisions.
Learn More about the role of College Council