Welcome to the website of the Department of Educational Studies in the College of Education and Human Ecology at The Ohio State University.
Our department has a distinguished tradition of pursuing scholarship and offering graduate programs in academic fields that contribute to the formation of sound policy and effective leadership for educational institutions in all settings and levels. Educational Studies faculty incorporate expertise from a broad range of disciplines across the social sciences, humanities, and cognate disciplines.
Our highly ranked graduate programs are distributed into these sections:
- Counselor Education
- Cultural Foundations of Education
- Educational Administration
- Educational Policy
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Technology
- Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Philosophy of Education
- Qualitative Research in Education
- Quantitative Research, Evaluation and Measurement
- School Psychology
- Special Education
- Teacher Education Policy and Leadership
- Workforce Development and Education
According to U.S. News and World Report's 2013 edition of America's Best Graduate Schools, four of our programs are ranked in the top 10 nationally and three additional programs are ranked in the top 20 nationally.
- #2 Technical and Vocational Education
- #7 Counseling and Personnel Services
- #9 Educational Administration and Supervision
- #9 Curriculum and Instruction
- #13 Higher Education Administration
- #17 Special Education
- #21 Educational Psychology
We invite you to explore our website and contact us in order to learn about our distinctive and challenging programs.
- Summer 2014 Undergraduate Courses
- Summer 2014 Graduate Courses (Newark course listings included)
- Autumn 2014 Undergraduate Courses
- Autumn 2014 Graduate Courses (Newark course listings included)
- Theory Into Practice (Journal)
- Walter E. Dennis Learning Center
- University Center for the Advancement of Teaching
- Buckeye Link
- Follow us on Facebook!