Students should familiarize themselves with the information listed here. The information is comprised of common advising questions advisors are asked on a daily basis.
- Academic Advising Appointments
- Academic Status
- Declaring a Major and/or Minor in EHE
- Dual Degrees and Double Majors
- Honors Students
- Returning to Ohio State
- Transfer and Education Abroad Credit
About Academic Advising
Academic advising is a professional partnership between a student and an academic advisor. Both parties should be investing in the relationship. The academic advisor exists to help the student navigate their journey through higher education and assist with struggles along the way. It is important for the student to stay up-to-date with current policies, deadlines, and paperwork. Meeting with an academic advisor on a regular basis will help ensure the student is meeting those responsibilities.
Our vision is to lead institutional efforts to extend and improve lifelong learning and lifespan development toward improved quality of life across our diverse society. We aspire to be a center of excellence in research and scholarly programs focusing on the complex issues affecting individuals, families, schools, and consumers in our global communities.
- Offer one-on-one appointments
- Offer Express Advising
- Respond to email within 1-3 business days
- Provide advising and consultation on academic tasks and activities
- Offer referrals and link students to appropriate university resources
- See academic advisor regularly (at least once per semester).
- Come to advising appointments prepared with questions, documentation, etc.
- If the student is unable to attend their appointment, simply call and cancel. "No Show" appointments are documented.
- Utilize DARS (degree audit) to track academic progress.