Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Human Sciences
Program Area: Consumer Sciences
Vanja Bogicevic is a Visiting Assistant Professor of Hospitality Management in the College of Education and Human Ecology at The Ohio State University. Dr. Bogicevic earned her Bachelor and Master of Architecture degrees from the University of Novi Sad, Serbia. She completed her second Master of Science in Hospitality Management from the University of South Florida and her Ph.D. in Consumer Sciences from the Ohio State University, with a concentration in hospitality management.
Prior to continuing her education in the United States, Vanja spent five years working in a variety of architecture and hospitality positions in Serbia. Her professional practice was in interior design, architectural visualization, guesthouse property management, and healthcare services consultancy.
Dr. Bogicevic’s research record includes ten peer-reviewed publications and more than twenty presentations at national and international conferences. Her research explores the role of design, service technologies, and virtual reality on consumer behavior in hospitality, tourism, and travel industries. She is the recipient of the Best Paper Award at the 19th Annual Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism.
Dr. Bogicevic leads the Virtual Reality laboratory in the Department of Human Sciences and assists in the development of the Healthcare Environmental and Hospitality Services certificate with the Association for the Healthcare Environment, a division of American Hospital Association.
- PhD, Consumer Sciences, The Ohio State University, 2018
- MS, Hospitality Management, University of South Florida, 2014
- MArch, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, 2012
- BArch, University of Novi Sad, Serbia, 2011
- Consumer services
- Marketing and management strategies
- Service environment design
- Experience-based design
- Hospitality management
- Technologies in hospitality, tourism, and travel industries
- Virtual Reality and digital marketing
- Li, Y., Lu C., & Bogicevic, V. & Bujisic, M.(forthcoming).Exploring the effect of nostalgia on hotel brand attachment and willingness to pay. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management.
- Liu, S. Q., Bogicevic, V., & Mattila, A. S. (2018). Circular vs. angular servicescape: “Shaping” customer response to a fast service encounter pace. Journal of Business Research, 89, 47-56.
- Bogicevic, V., Bujisic, M., Cobanoglu, C. & Feinstein, A. (2018). Gender and age preferences of hotel room design, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 30(2), 874-899.
- Bogicevic, V., Bujisic, M., Bilgihan, A.,Yang, W., & Cobanoglu, C. (2017). The impact of traveler focused airport technology on traveler satisfaction. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 123, 351-361.
- Bujisic, M., Bogicevic, V., Yang, W., Cobanoglu, C., & Bilgihan, A. (2017). “Hobson’s Choice”: The effect of servicescape features on consumer anxiety and enjoyment. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 34(7), 577-590.
- Bogicevic, V., Yang, W., Bilgihan, A., & Bujisic, M. (2017). Visual data mining: Analysis of airline service quality attributes. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism, 18(4), 509-430.
- Bogicevic, V., Choi, H., Bujisic, M., Smith, S., & Li., Y. (2017). Impact of computer generated images on LODGSCAPE perceptions and visit intentions, Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 26(44), 416-442.
- Bogicevic, V., Yang, W., Cobanoglu, C., Bilgihan, A., & Bujisic, M. (2016). Traveler anxiety and enjoyment: The effect of airport environment on traveler's emotions. Journal of Air Transport Management, 57, 122-129.
- Bujisic, M., Bogicevic, V. & Parsa, H.G. (2016). The effect of weather factors on restaurant sales. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 20(3), 350-370.
- Bogicevic, V., Yang, W., Bilgihan, A., & Bujisic, M. (2013). Airport service quality drivers of passenger satisfaction. Tourism Review, 68(4), 3-18.