HI/VI/O&M Program Manager, Department of Teaching and Learning
Danene Fast is program manager for the visual impairments programs in the Department of Teaching and Learning. She works with faculty and staff to support visual impairments programs, including student support for the Master of Arts and Master of Education programs and licensure-only program. She also facilitates collaboration between preservice teacher, mentor teachers, supervisors, and other stakeholders; evaluates and provides feedback on preservice teacher progress in the classroom and in coursework; mentors preservice teachers and serves as a resource of education-related knowledge; develops and teaches courses; prepares preservice teachers for licensure/graduation assessments and the job-search process; and participates in curriculum and assessment development that supports preservices teachers' individual growth.
- MA, Orientation and Mobility, Western Michigan University
- BSEd, Elementary Education and Special Education for students with visual impairments, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
- Ohio State Schoool for the Blind (PK-12)
- State of Delaware, Division for the Visually Impaired (PK-12)
- National Leadership Consortium for Sensory Disabilities (NLCSD) Scholar – 2015-Present
- Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired of Ohio (AERO) – Treasurer – 2014-Present
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) – Division for Visual Impairments and Deaf-blindness (DVIDB) – Board Member – 2016-Present
Favorite aspect of Ohio State
I love being a Buckeye and I am incredibly proud of the work we do at The Ohio State University to support future educators. My favorite aspects of this job are direct teaching of university students, collaborating with university personnel to continuously improve programming for future cohorts, and increasing services for students with visual impairments throughout the state of Ohio through these interactions and the implementation of a quality teacher preparation.