Associate Professor, Newark Campus
Associate Professor, Comparative Studies
Program Area: Multicultural and Equity Studies in Education
Binaya Subedi's research examines topics such as post-colonial theory; critical global education; immigration; globalization; race; ethnicity and qualitative research.
- PhD, The Ohio State University
- MA, Slippery Rock University
- BS, Culver Stockton College
- Subedi, Binaya (2008). Contesting racialization: Asian immigrant teachers' critiques and claims of teacher authenticity. Race, Ethnicity and Education, 11(1), 57-70. (special issue co-editor).
- Subedi, Binaya & Daza, Stephanie (2008). The possibilities of post-colonial praxis in education. Race, Ethnicity and Education, 11(1), 1-10.
- Subedi, Binaya (2007) Recognizing respondents' ways of being and knowing: lessons un/learned in researching Asian immigrant and Asian-American teachers. International Journal of Qualitative Research, 20(1), 51-71.
- Subedi, Binaya (2006). Pre-service Teachers' Beliefs and Practices: Religion and Religious Diversity. Equity and Excellence in Education, 39, 227-238.
- Subedi, Binaya (2006). Theorizing “Halfie” Researcher's Identity in transnational fieldwork. International Journal of Qualitative Studies, 19(5), 573-593.
- Subedi, Binaya (2006). Religious identities and religious stereotypes: Their roles in school. In V. Pang (Ed.), Race, ethnicity and education (pp. 85-101). New York: Praeger.
- Subedi, Binaya., Merryfield, M., Bashir-Ali, K., Gunel, E. (2006). Perspectives and experiences working with religious issues in U.S. schools and society. In F. Salili (Ed.), Diversity and religion (pp. 215-238). New York: Information Age Publishing.
- Merryfield, M.M. & Subedi, Binaya (2006). Decolonizing the mind for world-centered global education. In E. Wayne Ross (Ed.), The social studies curriculum: Purposes, problems and possibilities. New York: State University of New York Press.
- Subedi, Binaya (2003). Inventing the other: The geographical production of racial difference and capitalist desires. Critical Inquiry: Critical Thinking Across the Discipline, 22 (2), 75-82.
- Merryfield, M & Subedi, Binaya (2003). A global education framework for teaching about world's women. Social Education, 67(1), 10-16.
- Subedi, Binaya (1995). U.S.-Tibet Relations 1945-55. Old Stone House Review.