The Sports and Fashion exhibition, presented by the Historic Costume and Textiles Collection, presents sportswear from the late 19th century through the 21st century.
- Monday, Apr. 08, 2019 to Friday, Apr. 26, 2019279 Campbell Hall, 1787 Neil Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43210
- Wednesday, Apr. 24, 2019Ohio State Research Commons, 3rd Floor, 18th Ave. LibraryWe will begin this session with an overview of grant guidelines for personnel, resources, and biosketches; and presenters will provide tips regarding these sections of the proposal. Attendees will then review these aspects of the mentor texts.
- Monday, Apr. 29, 2019260 Ramseyer Hall, 29 W. Woodruff Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43210Join Kui Xie, Cyphert Distinguished Professor and director of The Research Laboratory for Digital Learning in the College of Education and Human Ecology, as he shares the concepts of learner engagement in digital learning environments and explores the interplay between motivation, engagement and performance.
- Thursday, May. 02, 2019Ohio Union Cartoon Room, 1739 N. High St., Columbus, Ohio 43210In their first three years of life, babies face the most complex learning endeavor they will ever undertake as human beings: They learn to talk. As a developmental psychologist and language experts, University of Delaware Professor Roberta Golinkoff will discuss how infants—even while in the womb—begin to learn language.
- Thursday, May. 09, 2019175 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43201Join Jamie Davies O'Leary, Associate Director of Policy at the Crance Center for Early Childhood Research and Policy, as she discusses how to write for and engage a policy audience, options for engaging as a university-employee and how to frame your argument in terms they (and their constituents) care about.
- Monday, May. 13, 2019145 PAES, 305 John and Annie Glenn Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43210In this workshop, we’ll evaluate examples of group notes, engage in a group note-taking experience, and generate individual frameworks for group notes for immediate use in a class, meeting, or other event.
- Thursday, Jun. 06, 2019 to Friday, Jul. 05, 2019Metro Early College High School, 1929 Kenny Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210Learn in-depth and innovative ways to teach literature and engage students. This four-week program and two-day conference for teachers can satisfy CEU requirements and provide a head start to an advanced degree.