OIA hosts walk-in office hours to discuss CPT (Curricular Practical Training) and OPT (Optional Practical Training) for international students the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 10am-noon.
- Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 10:00am201 Campbell Hall
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 1:00pm201 Campbell Hall with Brio/Bravo RestaurantsOffice hours with walk-in appointments with a employer. Recruiters host office hours from 1-4pm on Tuesdays throughout the semester. Stop by and have your resume reviewed, learn how to network, ask about interview questions, learn how to write a cover letter or just learn about internship and job opportunities
- Friday, December 1, 2017 - 11:30am246 Agricultural Administration, 2120 Fyffe Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210The OSU Nutrition Seminar Series shares recent advances in nutrition science presented by locally, nationally and internationally recognized scientists. Earl Harrison, distinguished professor of human nutrition at The Ohio State University's College of Education and Human Ecology, will speak on emerging insights into apocartenoids metabolism and function.
- Friday, December 1, 2017 - 1:00pm241 Campbell Hall, 1787 Neil Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43210The Consumer Sciences Seminar is a weekly series that faculty from Ohio State and other universities present the latest research and trends in consumer sciences. Speakers present cutting-edge research on a diverse and wide-ranging set of topics. Recent speakers discussed findings related to how individuals and couples shop, engage in precautionary financial or health behavior, take risks, interact with firms, and run businesses.
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017 - 9:00am175 East 7th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201Learn how to set up a database, codebook creation, and how to tell when your data is ready for analysis.
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017 - 12:00pm260 Ramseyer Hall (College Commons), 29 W. Woodruff Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43210Join the Crane Center for Early Childhood Research and Policy for lunch on Wednesday, Dec. 6 as Assistant Professor Rachel Kajfez and Program Manager Liz Riter, College of Engineering, discuss, “Toy Hacking for Children with Special Needs.” The CCEC monthly Lunch and Learn Colloquia are research-based presentations held on Wednesdays in the College Commons, 260 Ramseyer Hall for the university and greater community from 12-1 p.m.
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 - 6:00pm175 East 7th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201Learn about the different types of attachment and the importance of early attachment relationships to social emotional competence and later academic success.
- Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 8:00amGreater Columbus Convention Center and Hyatt Regency Hotel - 400 North High Street, Columbus, OHNation’s premier K-6 literacy conference in Columbus
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 8:00amThe Ohio Union, Archie M. Griffin Grand BallroomAttend TeachOhio 2018, a targeted recruitment event that provides the opportunity to network and interview teacher candidates from nine institutions across central Ohio. The registration cost is $225 for one table. The cost includes one table, two recruiters, parking passes, lunch, wireless access, and light refreshments. Registration will open in December 2017. For questions contact Katie Moore.