Financial Planning Minor FMRESM-MN

OSU Oval Seal

The minor in Financial Planning services consists of a minimum of 14-15 credit hours. The minor is designed to enable students to understand effective financial management and planning decisions for individuals, families, and clients. Students must take three 3-credit courses and one 2-credit courses, and select one additional course (3-4 credits).

Required (4 courses, 11 credit hours)

  • CSCFFS 3260 Fundamentals of Financial Planning (3)
  • CSCFFS 4260 Family Tax Planning (3)
  • CSCFFS 4280 Estate Planning for Individuals and Families (2)
  • CSCFFS 5250 Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits (3)

Select one additional course:

  • CSCFFS 2260 Healthy Finances and Economic Wellbeing for Individuals and Families (3)
  • CSCFFS 3270 Families in Business (3)
  • CSCFFS 5260 Family Financial Management Application (4)

For further information about the minor program, contact the college.

Financial Planning minor program guidelines

Required for graduation: No

Credit hours required: A minimum of 14 credit hrs. 1000 level courses shall not be counted toward the minor.

Transfer and EM credit hours allowed: A student is permitted
to count up to 6 total hours of transfer credit and/or credit by

Overlap with the GE: A student is permitted to overlap up to 6
credit hours between the GE and the minor.

Overlap with the major and additional minor(s)

  • The minor must be in a different subject than the major.
  • The minor must contain a minimum of 12 hours distinct
  • from the major and/or additional minor(s).

Grades required:

  • Minimum C- for a course to be listed on the minor.
  • Minimum 2.00 cumulative point-hour ratio required for the minor.
  • Course work graded Pass/Non-Pass cannot count on the minor.

Minor Approval: Minor program approval is not required; as long as there is no variation from the minor program sheet. Any variation from the minor as indicated must be approved by the EHE Office of Academic Affairs located in A100 PAES Building (614-292-9621).

A student’s primary advisor can add the minor with the program code at the top of this sheet.

Filing the minor program form: The minor program form must be filed with the student’s college/school at least by the time the graduation application is submitted to a college/school counselor.

Changing the minor: Once the minor program is filed in the college office, any changes must be approved by the academic unit offering the minor

Program Degree Department Email
Undergraduate Minor Human Sciences


Note: Students exact curriculum may vary depending upon program of study determined by student and advisor.