Hospitality Management Minor (HSPMGT-MN)
The minor in Hospitality Management consists of a minimum of 14 credit hours. The minor is designed to enable students to understand the hospitality industry, with special emphasis on identification and solution of management problems.
Part A – Required courses (8 credits):
- CSHSPMG 2600 Intro to Hospitality Management - 2 hrs
- CSHSPMG 2800 Hotel Management - 3 hrs (prereq 2600)
- CSHSPMG 3720 Food Service Management - 3 hrs (prereq 2600)
Part B – Elective courses (Select 6 credits)
- CSHSPMG 2700 Principles of Food Production Management - 3hrs (Prereq 2600, Concur 2710)
- CSHSPMG 2710 Principles of Food Production Management Lab - 1hr (Prereq 2600, Concur 2700)
- CSHSPMG 2810 Hotel Management Practicum - 1 hrs (prereq 2600, Concur or prereq: 2800)
- CSHSPMG 3700 Controlling Food, Beverage, and Labor Costs - 3 hrs (prereq 2600)
- CSHSPMG 3730 Food Service Management Practicum - 1 hrs (prereq 2600, Concur or prereq: 3720)
- CSHSPMG 4600 Special Events Planning & Management - 3hrs (prereq 2600)
- CSHSPMG 4610 Beverage Management - 2 hrs (prereq 2600)
- CONSCI 5333 Workplace Satisfaction, Happiness and Wellbeing of Service Employees - 2 hrs
- CSHSPMG 5640 Marketing in Hospitality Enterprises - 3 hrs (prereq senior or graduate standing)
- CSHSPMG/CSFRST 5780 Leadership for the Service Industry - 3 hrs (prereq senior or graduate standing)
For further information about the minor program, contact the college.
Hospitality Management minor program guidelines
Required for graduation: No
Credit hours required: A minimum of 14 credit hrs. 1000 level courses shall not be counted toward the 14 credit hour minimum.
Transfer and EM credit hours allowed: A student is permitted to count up to 6 total hours of transfer credit and/or credit by examination.
Overlap with the GE: A student is permitted to overlap up to 6 credit hours between the GE and the minor
Overlap with the major and additional minor(s):
- The minor must be in a different subject than the major.
- The minor must contain a minimum of 12 hours distinct from the major and/or additional minor(s).
- Minimum C- for a course to be listed on the minor.
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative point-hour ratio required for the minor.
- Course work graded Pass/Non-Pass cannot count on the minor.
Minor Approval: Early declaration of the minor and early consultation with an academic advisor to discuss course choices is highly encouraged.
Minor program approval: is not required; as long as there is no variation from the minor program sheet. Any variation from the minor as indicated must be approved by an EHE advisor located in A100 PAES Building (614- 292-9621). A student’s primary advisor can add the Hospitality Management minor with the program code at the top of this sheet.
Filing the minor program form: The minor program form must be filed with the student’s college/school at least by the time the graduation application is submitted to a college/school counselor.
Changing the minor: Once the minor program form is filed in the college office, any changes must be approved by the academic unit offering the minor