Technology and Youth Minor (TECHYTH-MN)
The minor in Technology and Youth consists of a minimum of 15 credit hours. The minor will prepare students to design, develop, deliver and assess technology-based educational programs for youth in informal and out-of-school learning environments.
Part A – Required courses (12 credits):
- ESLTECH 2211S Impact of Technology in Learning and Education (3 hrs)
- ESLTECH 2250 Technology, Equity and Informal Learning (3 hrs)
- ESLTECH 3251 Technology Interventions in Urban Schools and Communities (3 hrs)
- ESLTECH 4270 Technology, Education and Community-based Programming (3hrs)
Part B – Elective courses (Select 3 credits)
- COMLDR 3330 Program Development and Evaluation (3 hrs)
- ESLTECH 5280 Educational Videography (3 hrs)
- ESLTECH 5281 Introduction to Developing Educational Web Sites (3 hrs)
The academic program coordinator in the College of Education and Human Ecology must approve the Minor Program Form. The student must file the approved form with a college or school counselor. For further information about the minor program, contact the college.
Technology and Youth minor program guidelines
Required for graduation: No
Credit hours required: A minimum of 15 credit hrs. 1000 level courses shall not be counted toward the 15 credit hour minimum.
Transfer and EM credit hours allowed: A student is permitted to count up to 6 total hours of transfer credit and/or credit by examination.
Overlap with the GE: A student is permitted to overlap up to 6 credit hours between the GE and the minor
Overlap with the major and additional minor(s):
- The minor must be in a different subject than the major.
- The minor must contain a minimum of 12 hours distinct from the major and/or additional minor(s).
- Minimum C- for a course to be listed on the minor.
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative point-hour ratio required for the minor.
- Course work graded Pass/Non-Pass cannot count on the minor.
Minor Approval Minor program: approval is not required as long as there is no variation from the minor program sheet. Any variation from the minor as indicated must be approved by the EHE Office of Academic Affairs located in A100 PAES Building (614-292- 9621).
A student’s primary advisor can add the minor with the program code located at the top of this sheet.
Filing the minor program form: The minor program form must be filed with the student’s college/school at least by the time the graduation application is submitted to a college/school counselor.