Professional Development for Educators: Continuing Education Units
The College of Education and Human Ecology is here to assist educators by providing timely and relevant coursework in response to current needs and trends in education. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) allow educators to address the rapidly developing needs of educators’ student population. One CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours.
The offerings below may be completed as CEUs or graduate independent study credit. If you are taking these credits for licensure renewal or promotion, please verify applicability with the Ohio Department of Education or your school district.
Co-planning, Co-teaching Training
Learn various co-planning and co-teaching models as well as how to implement them in your classroom.
2 CEUs, $154
Instructor: Mary Beth Smith
July 7-23, online
Creating and Sustaining Brave(r), Safe(r) School Spaces
Focus on ways educators can create communities that center students' voices and sustain their languages, identities and passions.
1 CEU, $77
Instructor: Jenell Igeleke Penn
July 13-17, online
Trauma Competent, Culturally Sustaining Classrooms I
Tired of struggling to connect with your “difficult” students? Fed up with being exhausted at the end of the week? Experiencing workplace trauma? This course equips you with the tools to make deep, lasting connections with students, to cultivate safe learning spaces and to practice "being in the room."
2 CEUs, $154
Instructor: Arianna Howard
July 27 to Aug. 1, online
More offerings to come.
Want to see another topic offered?
To register for continuing education credits choose a currently available CEU offering. There is no formal application process.
Registration is for professional development only. You will not receive graduate credit nor will this course be posted on your Ohio State transcript unless you also register for graduate credit below. All educators wishing to receive graduate credit must enroll via the provided directions, prior to course start. It is recommended that you retain copies of your course materials for future resource.
Interested in instructing a CEU course?
The College of Education and Human Ecology welcomes in-service educators, district administrators, and academics to submit proposals for future innovative CEU offerings. Complete our proposal form, then submit as one PDF file uploaded in the box below.
The submission of your materials below does not guarantee employment with The Ohio State University. Submissions are reviewed by Professional Development Advisory Committee bi-annually or as needed. In addition, The Ohio State University reserves the right to run like coursework.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Salamone.
Graduate Credit Option
Enrollment in graduate credit is optional and subject to Ohio State posted enrollment and registration timelines, policies, and tuition and fee charges. Graduate credit registration in one of the above courses will post to your transcript as “EDUTL 7193 - Individual Studies.” No other description concerning the topic will be posted. Graduate credit will require final reelection project. It is recommended that you retain copies of your course materials for future resource.
To receive optional graduate credit for your CEU course, please:
- Complete the CEU registration above.
- Enroll as an Ohio State student or reactivate your graduate enrollment:
- New graduate applicant: Apply as a first time applicant to the Graduate School. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office, phone: 614-292-9444 or email: email@example.com, if you have questions. Once admitted:
- Former graduate-level student (not enrolled for more than one term): Reactivate your Graduate enrollment by complete this form. Once reactivated:
- Verify that you are able to access your BuckeyeLink at my.osu.edu.
- Know your last name.# (your osu email address). If you do not, please access follow the directions above of call 614-688-HELP (4357)
- Complete the Financial Responsibility Statement.
- To be enrolled in your course, contact ehePDregistration@osu.edu from your Ohio State email address. Please list your desired course, Ohio State ID or email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Current students: Enroll in your course, by contacting ehePDregistration@osu.edu from your Ohio State email address. Please list your desired course, Ohio State ID or email address (email@example.com).