Obtaining Credit for an Internship
- Find a work experience related to your major.
- If you need help finding the right experience, feel free to schedule an appointment with our office so we can help.
- Discuss your objectives and learning goals with your employer, including:
- Hours to be completed within the semester.
- Details of projects, activities and /or responsibilities.
*In order to submit the online SLA, students are responsible for uploading supervisor documentation. Supervisor documentation is a letter from your supervisor providing proof of employment. The letter must include the following:
- must be on letterhead
- student first and last name
- position offered
- key responsibilities/job description
- employment dates
- supervisor contact information
- supervisor original signature
**Internship courses are Permission ONLY.
The EHE Career Services office will review submitted SLAs and attached documents to determine if students are eligible to enroll into the internship course. Please allow 2-3 business days.
To be considered for enrollment into an internship course, the online SLA and all documentation are due no later than the 2nd Friday of each semester by noon.
*PLEASE NOTE: If an internship class is added during the 2nd week of the semester there may be a late fee added to your student account. For more information please contact the Registrar’s Office or visit https://registrar.osu.edu/registration/index.asp.
Once the internship has been approved, students will be enrolled in the course and notified via email.
If you have any questions or concerns about completing the SLA, or any other step of this process, please schedule an appointment with Derraya Miller.
Helpful links and forms
- Tuition and fee tables
- Online Student Learning Agreement
- Course Enrollment Permission form
- Internship Deadlines
- Process to receive permission to enroll in EDUTL 4191
- Process to receive permission to enroll in KNHES 5191
- Process to receive permission to enroll in KNPE 4191
- Process to receive credit to enroll in HN 4189
- For international students only