Senior Lecturer, Department of Educational Studies
Program Area: Educational Administration
John Conrath directs the Superintendents’ Licensure Program for The Ohio State University. He has served public education for more than 50 years, beginning as a teacher and retiring as Superintendent of the Whitehall City Schools (Ohio) in 1994.
Conrath is a Registered Facility Planner (RFP) and provides services in academic, operational and school facility planning. He completed a two-year efficiency and effectiveness study of selected Ohio school districts for the Ohio Department of Education and has completed studies/surveys for more than 50 school districts in several states. He served as the co-director of the National Network of Restructuring Schools sponsored by the MOTT Foundation and is a member of Council of Educational Facilities Planners International. He is past president of the Marion, Ohio and Edgerton, Ohio Rotary Clubs.
- PhD, Educational Administration, Bowling Green State University, 1973
- MST, Earth Science, University of Florida, 1968
- B.A. Zoology and Education, Ohio Northern University, 1965
- Currently- The Ohio State University-Direct the Superintendent’s Licensure Program
- Retired from-Whitehall City Schools as superintendent - 1994
- Started teaching career- Ada Exempted Village Schools - 1964
- Ohio Association of Local School Superintendents -Ohio President, 1985-86
- Ohio Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development –Ohio President, 1991-92
- Phi Delta Kappa, Ohio State Chapter -President 1993-94
Awarded over one million dollars in grants from the Ohio Department of Education, The Columbus Foundation, The Ohio State University and the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation to serve intervention needs of students at the school district level.
- “How Learning Styles help”… Process Associates, Mansfield Ohio. 2002.
- “Continuous Improvement Training Manual”…Consultant Publications, Columbus, Ohio. 2001.
- “Developing a Model Preschool”…OASCD Journal, 1992: 13-14
- “Refocusing the Identity of Schooling: Education for a Democracy of the Intellect”…Kappa Delta Pi Record, 24(Winter,1988): 41-53.
- Poverty and Schools-SPRING DOCTORIAL PRO-SEMINAR-2013
- The intersection of Poverty, Violence and Learning –Social Studies cohort-2013
- Research Panel with Dr. Lytle on P-12 School Collaboration-2013
- Participated in development of Battelle presentation on Turn-around Schools -2013