Associate Chair, Department of Human Sciences
Associate Professor-Clinical, Department of Human Sciences
Program Area: Human Development and Family Science
- 1995 Ph.D. The Ohio State University, College of Human Ecology, Department of Human Development and Family Science.
- 1987 L.N.H.A State of Ohio, Licensed Nursing Home Administrator.
- 1986 M.G.S. Miami University (of Ohio), Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Scripps Gerontology Center
- 1984 M.Div. The Methodist Theological School in Ohio. New Testament Studies
- 1981 B.A. Muskingum College History, Philosophy & Religion
- 1995 - present Adjunct Assistant Professor, HDFS The Ohio State University, College of Human Ecology
- 1995 - 1999 Researcher/Housing Specialist. The Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging, Quality Development Division.
- 1993 - 1995 Graduate Teaching Assistant Department of Human Development and Family Science, OSU
- 1991 - 1993 Academic Advisor, University College, OSU
- 1991 - 1995 Adjunct Instructor in Psychology Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, CSCC
Course Development and Instruction
- 2002 - present HDFS 765: Advanced Child Development
- 1996 - present HDFS 861: The Family: Middle and Later Years
- 1995 - present HDFS 670.01: Adult Development and Aging
- 1995 - present HDFS 670.04: Formal and Informal Support of Older Adults
- 1998 - present HDFS 662: Multicultural Programming for Young Children
- 1995 - present HDFS 560: Advanced Family Development
- 1991 - present HDFS 364: Human Development Across the Life Span
- 1994 - present HDFS 361: Child Development
- 1991 - present HDFS 360: Family Development
- 1991 - 1993 UVC 100: Introduction to the University System
- Supervise Field Placements of Undergraduate Students
- Academic Adviser to Undergraduate Honor Students
- Supervise Honor's Project of Students interested in the area of aging
- Supervise Academic Advisors for undergraduate students
- Supervise/Evaluate Graduate Teaching Associates
- 2004 - Deans Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Human Ecology, OSU
- 2003 - Tied, Outstanding Teacher of the Year, College of Human Ecology, OSU
- 2002 - Tied, Outstanding Teacher of the Year, College of Human Ecology, OSU
- 2001 - Outstanding Teacher of the Year, College of Human Ecology, OSU
- 2000 - Outstanding Teacher of the Year, College of Human Ecology, OSU
- 1999 - Tied, Outstanding Teacher of the Year, College of Human Ecology, OSU
- 1998 - Outstanding Teacher of the Year, College of Human Ecology, OSU
- 1997 - Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Panhellenic League, OSU
- 1995 - Nominated for outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year at OSU, Ohio Research Council on Aging Student Research Fellowship Award
- 1993 - Nominated for outstanding teacher of the year, CSCC
- 2003 "Grieving Men: Understanding the Emotions of Widower." Riverside Hospice, Columbus, Ohio. "Multicultural Programming in Senior Centers" Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging, Columbus, Ohio. "Contemporary Family Forms: New Ways for Worship." Episcopal Cabinet of the West Ohio Conference, UMC, Worthington, Ohio
- 2002 "Developmental issues in Children ages 2 to 5." Ohio Library Association Quarterly Meeting, COSI, Columbus, Ohio "Looking back and looking ahead: Aging in Ohio,
- 1975 - 2000." Keynote Address, Tenth Annual Paraprofessional Conference, Columbus, Ohio "Working with difficult families, Pt. II." Ohio Assisted Living Association Annual Winter Conference Columbus, Ohio
- 2001 "Secrets of aging." Administrative retreat for Sunshine Retirement Homes. Columbus, Ohio.
- "Diversity: Understanding clients from a multicultural perspective." Ninth Annual Central Ohio Paraprofessional Conference on Aging. Columbus, Ohio.
- "Working with difficult families: A systems approach." Fourth Annual Conference of the Ohio Assisted Living Association. Columbus, Ohio.
- 2000 "Me, myself and I: Personality development across the lifespan." The Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging. Columbus, Ohio.
- "A convoy of social support in older adults." The Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging. Columbus, Ohio.
- "Building bridges: Working together to serve and empower our most vulnerable clients." The Guardianship, Resources, Information and Diversion (GRID) Conference of Franklin County. Columbus, Ohio.