Program Manager, Department of Teaching and Learning
Michele Sanderson manages the Early Childhood Education Bachelor of Education preservice teacher’s field experiences including evaluation and field experience data collection. As program manager, she facilitates collaboration between preservice teacher, mentor teachers, supervisors, and other stakeholders; evaluates and provides feedback on preservice teacher progress in the classroom and in coursework; mentors preservice teachers and serves as a resource of education-related knowledge; develops and teaches courses; prepares preservice teachers for licensure/graduation assessments and the job-search process; and participates in curriculum and assessment development that supports preservices teachers' individual growth.
- EdS, Early Childhood Education, The Ohio State University
- MS, Early Childhood Development, The Ohio State University
- BA, Religion, (Sociology concentration), Capital University
- 20 years as Master teacher in community preschools and at Ohio State's A. Sophie Rogers Laboratory School-Campbell Hall
- 9 years as director of Ohio State's A. Sophie Rogers Laboratory School-Campbell Hall and the Schoenbaum Family Center
- Resident Director, Early Childhood Education Abroad in Israel Program
Favorite aspect of Ohio State
Watching our pre-service candidates transform from cautious students to confident, knowledgeable, extraordinary early childhood educators.