Contact information for regional faculty members is located on the main College Directory.
Tansel Yilmazer is an associate professor in the Department of Human Sciences at The Ohio State University. Her research focuses on issues related to consumer economics, health economics and policy, and family finances. In particular, Dr. Yilmazer studies i) the role of household demographics and health status in household wealth accumulation, saving and portfolio choices, ii) the consequences of the implementation of policies related to health, savings and investments for the financial well-being of families, and iii) the factors affecting the availability and cost of credit to consumers and small businesses. Dr. Yilmazer won the Emerging Scholar Award from the AAFCS and the ACCI Mid-Career Award. She is the editor of the Review of the Economics of the Household and associate editor of Financial Planning Review. Dr. Yilmazer publishes in family and consumer economics journals as well as general-interest economics and finance journals. Her recent publications appeared in Social Science and Medicine, Journal of Consumer Affairs, Health Economics, Research on Aging, Review of the Economics of the Household, Financial Management and National Tax Journal. Her research has been funded by World Bank, NIH, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College, and Social Security Administration.
- PhD, Economics, University of Texas at Austin, 2002
- MA, Economics, Bogaziçi University, Istanbul, 1997
- BA, Business Administration, Bogaziçi University, Istanbul, 1994
- Department of Human Sciences, The Ohio State University, Assistant Professor, 2012- present
- Co-editor, Review of Economics of the Household, 2015-present.
- Associate editor, Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 2009-present.
- Editorial board, Journal of Consumer Affairs, 2011-present.
- Editorial board, Journal of Personal Finance, 2010-present.