Dietetic Internship - How To Apply
Deadline: February 15
- Master's degree from an accredited university
- Original verification statement from an ACEND-approved Didactic Program in Dietetics
- 2.8 GPA or higher
- $50 - Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) (additional applications are $25 each)
- $45 - Ohio State application fee
- $55 - D&D Digital Online Dietetics Internship Matching Service
- Complete an online DICAS application and include the following:
- Personal statement
- Declaration of Intent form/Verification statement (obtain from your didactic program director)
- Three letters of reference addressing your qualifications for a supervised practice program
- Official transcript from each college/university attended
- Pay the Ohio State application fee.
A $45 program fee is required to process and review your application. This fee is separate from fees for the DICAS or D&D Digital Online Dietetics Internship Matching Service
Pay fee online
If paying by check, it must be postmarked by the DICAS deadline. Make check payable to The Ohio State University and include your email address. Send check to:
Director, Dietetic Internship Program
315E Campbell Hall
1787 Neil Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Allow 7-10 business days for checks to be processed.
- Register with D&D Digital Online Dietetics Internship Matching Service
You must register with D&D Digital to participate in the nationwide matching service used by most internship programs. This allows you to make priority choices for your internship programs which you apply. There is a $55 computer matching fee through D&D Digital.
The Ohio State University has two codes. Make sure to prioritize the correct code
- Full-time - code 296
- Part-time - code 132
- Only completed applications submitted before the Feb. 15 deadline will be reviewed by the Dietetic Internship selection committee.
- Applicants are ranked using a standard criteria based on:
- Academic performance
- Work and volunteer experience
- Evidence of maturity
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership potential
- Quality of references
- Compatibility of applicant's goals with program mission
- Applicants chosen for an interview will be notified during the first two weeks of March.The interview is an opportunity to learn more about the program and allows the selection committee to get to know you and assess your potential to succeed in the program.