Superintendent Licensure Program
The Accelerated Licensure Program for Superintendents at The Ohio State University trains high-impact education professionals to become school district executive leaders. As a part of this program, you will receive a rich educational experience while learning from acclaimed professors and mentored by practicing superintendents.
A 12-month accelerated program
Develop leadership and communication skills to become a high-performing superintendent
Learn how a school district operates, board of education politics and public relations, finance and administration
Students go through the program with a cohort of colleagues
Cohort members are provided mentorship from the program coordinator and district-based field supervisor during a year-long field experience
- ESEADM 7362: Board Politics and Public Relations
- ESEADM 7366: Administrative Responsibilities, Policy/Perspectives
- ESEADM 7897: Special Topics: Educational Administration
- Begin Planned School District Field Experience
- ESEADM 7364: Finance of School Districts
- ESEADM 7189: Planned School District Field Experience
Deadline to apply
(Program begins summer semester)
Ohio State academic programs are designed to prepare students for licensure or certification in Ohio. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, please review state educational requirements for licensure and certification at go.osu.edu/onground.