This webpage contains links to career resources and employment opportunities.
- The Career Connection website lists relevant, on and off campus, career resources to assist graduate students in their career decision making processes whether you are looking for a job in academia or for those who want general information or are considering a non-academic career.
- Career Resources from the University of Chicago Career Development web site provides information about "navigating your graduate and postdoctoral career."
- The Purdue Online Writing Center provides strategies for writing an effective Curriculum Vitae.
- College of Education and Human Ecology Career Services Office
Job Search Resources Inside Academia
- The Chronicle of Higher Education features faculty and staff openings at colleges and universities. Also includes advice columns including The CV Doctor (is back), Career Talk, Ms. Mentor and Beyond the Ivory Tower. Log in through Ohio State's University Libraries and you will have access to the Chronicle.
- Higher Ed Jobs.com allows you to search for academic careers by location, institution type or location.
- Academic360.com is a meta-collection of Internet resources that have been gathered for the academic job hunter. It includes links to 3021 faculty, staff, and administrative announcements and is not restricted to teaching positions.
- Academic Keys' primary function is to list job openings for faculty and senior administration positions at colleges and universities.
- Inside Higher Ed is the online source for news, opinion and jobs for all of higher education. You'll find breaking news, career advice and informative blogs covering many topics of interest.
- UniversityJobs.com allows you to search for faculty, staff and post-doc positions. Job search resources are also available on the site to help you with writing your CV, interviewing for academic positions, negotiating an offer and making the transition from graduate student to assistant professor.
- Academia.edu Jobs Academia.edu is a platform for academics to share research papers. The company's mission is to accelerate the world's research. Academics use Academia.edu to share their research, monitor deep analytics around the impact of their research, and track the research of academics they follow. 39,344,599 academics have signed up to Academia.edu, adding 13,588,250 papers and 1,891,297 research interests. Academia.edu attracts over 36 million unique visitors a month. It also hosts a job board.
Job Search Resources in School Districts
- Ohio Department of Education lists current school district vacancies in Ohio.
- Ohio School Boards Association provides information about administrative searches currently being supervised by the OSBA. They also provide links to administrative job searches in other states.
- Don't forget to check out the local school district websites for openings in the district in which you would like to work.
- The Principal's Office is a virtual community of school principals learning from each other. It is updated monthly and reaches over 5,000 subscribers throughout the state of Ohio.
- University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA) Leadership. The University Council of Education Administration (UCEA) is a consortium of higher education institutions committed to advancing the preparation and practice of educational leaders for the benefit of schools and children.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Careers. The American Educational Research Association (AERA), a national research society, strives to advance knowledge about education, to encourage scholarly inquiry related to education, and to promote the use of research to improve education and serve the public good.
- National Association of Secondary School Principals Careers. NASSP is the leading organization of and voice for middle level and high school principals, assistant principals, and school leaders from across the United States and in over 35 countries around the world. Founded in 1916, NASSP's mission is to connect and engage school leaders through advocacy, research, education, and student programs.
- National Association of Elementary Schools, Principals Careers. The National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), founded in 1921, is a professional organization serving elementary and middle school principals and other educational leaders throughout the United States and Canada, and overseas.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD). ASCD is a global community dedicated to excellence in learning, teaching, and leading. Comprising 125,000 members - superintendents, principals, teachers, and advocates from more than 128 countries - the ASCD community also includes 54 affiliate organizations. Our diverse, nonpartisan membership is our greatest strength, projecting a powerful, unified voice to decision makers around the world.
- Teachers-teachers.com. Teachers-teachers.com is a free service designed to help educators find new and exciting teaching jobs, administrative jobs and other related service positions. The service is easy to use and helps you efficiently find teaching jobs by position area and location.
Job Search Resources Outside Academia
- Chronicle of Higher Education maintains a list of positions available at organizations other than colleges and universities.
- Versatile PhD - The Versatile PhD mission is to help humanities and social science PhDs develop and demonstrate their versatility as professionals. Versatile PhD wants you to be informed about academic employment realities, educated about nonacademic career options, and supported in preparing for a range of possible careers, so that in the end, you have choices. The key concept here is versatility: the ability to apply your skills and interests in a wide variety of fields. Though the name says "PhD," many of the issues discussed here may be of interest as well to ABDs, MAs, and people from disciplines outside the humanities and social sciences. All interested parties are welcome. The Versatile PhD consists of a supportive online community that's free and a premium content area that's not free. The Graduate School has purchased a subscription to the premium content area so you can have access to both. When you link to the Versatile PhD, we will take you to the Graduate School portal so you can register through Ohio State and have access to the premium content. Scroll down to Academic and Career Development to find the Link to Versatile PhD.
- Beyond the Ivy Tower is a column in the Chronicle of Higher Education written by Susan Basalla May.
- University of California Berkeley Career Center offers online resources on the academic job search and on the job search outside of academia.