Consumer Sciences Minor
Focusing on enhancing consumer, individual and family well-being, the minor in Consumer Sciences will help students understand consumer-market relationships, with special emphasis on identifying and solving common consumer problems. You will learn more about:
- how consumers choose how to spend their money and time
- systematic problems that arise for consumers in the modern market
- how individual consumer decisions translate into inequalities in our society
- how government polices and regulation affects consumer and family wellbeing
- state-of-the-art data analysis and visualization techniques for working with survey and transaction data
A minor in Consumer Sciences is great addition to majors in economics, business, public policy, law and many other disciplines!
- CONSCI 2910 Consumer Problems and Perspectives
- CONSCI 3930 Consumer Decision Making
- CONSCI 3940 The Multicultural Consumer: Methods of Data Analysis
- CSCFFS 5130 Solutions to Consumer Problems
A minor must be declared by the time a graduation application is submitted. Early declaration is recommended. After a minor is declared, any changes must be approved.
Minimum Credit Hours