Consumer Economics and Policy Minor CONSCI-MN

OSU Oval Seal

The minor in Consumer Economics and Policy consists of a minimum of 12 credit hours. The minor is designed to enable students to understand the consumer/market relationship, with special emphasis on identification and solution of consumer problems. Students must take four 3-credit courses:

  • CONSCI 2910 Consumer Problems and Perspectives
  • CONSCI 3930 Consumer Decision Making
  • CONSCI 3940 The Multicultural Consumer: Methods of Data Analysis
  • CSCFFS 4150 Quantitative Methods in Consumer Sciences OR CSCFFS 5130 Solutions to Consumer Problems

For further information about the minor program, contact the college.

Consumer Economics and Policy minor program guidelines

Credit hours required: A minimum of 12 credit hrs. 1000 level courses shall not be counted in the minor. At least 6 credit hrs must be upper-level courses as defined by the College of Education and Human Ecology (3000 level or higher).

Transfer and EM credit hours allowed: A student is permitted to count up to 6 total hours of transfer credit and/or credit by examination.

Overlap with the GE: A student is permitted to overlap up to 6 credit hours between the GE and the minor.

Overlap with the major and additional minor(s):

  • The minor must be in a different subject than the major.
  • The minor must contain a minimum of 12 hours distinct from the major and/or additional minor(s).

Grades required: 

  • Minimum C- for a course to be listed on the minor.
  • Minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA required for the minor.
  • Course work graded Pass/Non-Pass cannot count on the minor.
  • No more than 3 credit hours of course work graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory may count toward the minor.

X193 credits: No more than 3 credit hours.

Minor Approval: Minor program approval is not required as long as there is no variation from the minor program sheet. Any variations from the minor as indicated must be approved by the EHE Office of Undergraduate Education located in A100 PAES Building (614-292-9261).

A student’s primary advisor can add the minor with the program code at the top of this sheet.

Filing the minor program form: The minor program form must be filed with the student’s college/school at least by the time the graduation application is submitted to a college/school advisor.

Changing the minor: Once the minor program is filed in the college office, any changes must be approved by the academic unit offering the minor.

Program Degree Department Email
Undergraduate Minor Human Sciences


Note: Students exact curriculum may vary depending upon program of study determined by student and advisor.