Hospitality and Retail Leadership Certificate (HRL-C)
The Department of Human Sciences from the College of Education and Human Ecology, at the Ohio State University is proud to offer the Certificate Program in Hospitality and Retail Leadership. This program is designed to prepare hospitality and retail professionals for a meaningful future in leadership positions of service organizations. Candidates in this program will receive 12 credit hours of Hospitality and retail leadership Services classes.
The undergraduate certificate in Hospitality and Retail Leadership consists of 12 credit hours. The certificate is designed to enable hospitality and retail industry professionals and students to understand the industry, with special emphasis on identification and solution of leadership problems.
- CSFRST/CSHSPMG 2300 Branding in Fashion, Hospitality and Sport Industries – 3 hrs
- CSFRST/CSHSPMG 3910 Consumer Service and Satisfaction – 3 hrs
- CSFRST/CSHSPMG 3950 Social Media and IT in Fashion, Hospitality and Sport Industries – 2hrs
- CSFRST/CSHSPMG 4680 Strategic Management in Fashion & Hospitality Industries – 2 hrs
- CSFRST/CSHSPMG 3330 Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability & Entrepreneurship in Fashion & Hospitality Industries – 2 hrs
The EHE Certificate Specialist in the College of Education and Human Ecology must approve the Certificate Program Form. The student must file the approved form with a college or school counselor. For further information about the certificate program, contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Define and identify successful branding strategies in the hospitality and retail industries
- Articulate the importance of customer focus and service in organizations
- Effectively recognize, interpret, and assess the Strategies and Challenges involved in development of social media strategy for the service organization
- Develop strategies to improve operational effectiveness in the hospitality and retail industries
- Evaluate leadership strategies for creating and maintaining viable solutions in the hospitality and retail industries
Hospitality and Retail Leadership certificate program guidelines:
- Appropriate candidates for this program include:
- Persons who are currently employed in the hospitality, retail or related service industries
- Persons who are not currently employed in the hospitality, retail or related service industries, but are seeking to reenter the workforce
- OSU students in majors not related to service industry
- Other applicants with special circumstances will be considered
International applicants need 85 TOEFL score
Minimum previous education: High School Degree
Cost: The total cost of the program is based on the number of credit hours and a current OSU undergraduate tuition and fees.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Potential candidates should contact EHE Certificate Specialist Derraya Miller (email@example.com).
Step 2: Apply for Undergraduate Admissions using the link below: Applicant New User Reg. (osu.edu)
Course can be delivered in face-to-face, hybrid and online mode. For further information about the course delivery in the specific semester, contact the college.
Credit hours required: A minimum of 12 credit hrs.
Transfer credit hours allowed:
A maximum of 6.
Overlap with the major Not allowed and
- The certificate must be in a different subject than the major.
Overlap with minors Not allowed
- The certificate must be in a different subject than the minor.
- Minimum C- for a course to count on the certificate
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative point-hour ratio required for the minor